This site uses cookies. When you browse the site you are consenting to its use. Know more.

Topic: Tennis - Analysis D. Gimeno-Traver vs G. Pella (20 April 2016)  (Read 822 times)

Offline Academia

A match for the round of 16 in ATP 250 of Bucareste, played in clay.Gimeno Traver and Pella will face off in the last game of Wednesday. This match shouldn't start before 9 o'clock, Brazilian time.

Analysis of D. Gimeno-Traver

The Spanish player Daniel Gimeno-Traver has 30 years, a lot of time as a pro and is currently in 125 in the world rankings, but he plays like a top 100 player. He is very good on the clay and has been performing quite well in the past few weeks. Oddmakers have him as a slight underdog in this match.

He is a warrior, has that Spanish blood and always fight till the last point of the match. He doesn't have that much quality striking, but makes up for it with consistency from the back. He will probably play more defensively, taking advantage of his opponents errors. In Monte Carlo, he played well and lost to Cuevas in 3 tiebreaks. This tuesday, he started his campaign by beating Mannarino in 3 sets.

Analysis of G. Pella

Guido Pella is an Argentinian player, that also prefers Clay, with 25 years. He is currently number 46 in the world. His position is a bit exaggerated, as he is not so good of a player and is very weak in the other surfaces. This ranking is due to his challenger results last year and his final in Sao Paulo this year. 

After losing in the finals against Cuevas, Guido managed to perform well in Indian Wells and didn't have what it takes to maintain this level of play. He lost to an injured Del Potro in Miami and had an easy lost against Herbert in Monte Carlo. Monday he beat the weak Ungur, in 2 sets, but had serious issues in the first set, being 1 break down. He might be favored, but his odds are lower than they should be.

Betting suggestion:

We should have a balanced match, a lot more than the odds suggest. Pella is overestimated just for being in the top 50. They are very similar, quality wise and the value is with the Spanish player. Gimeno Traver had a tough moment due to his lack of physical strength, but he already proved to be in a much better moment. Daniel has a shot at winning and our bet is in a games handicap.

Daniel Gimeno-Traver +2,5 games ⇒ odd 1.90

See on the portal in:

Stats » Tennis » BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy » D. Gimeno-Traver vs G. Pella

Offline JeffThorsen777

I love tennis. In general, I love sports that make you move.

Offline JaneJLocane

It is very useful to move and develop. This is my motto. And I try to stick to it in my work with collages. Recently I learned about moving vector and tried to create some collages. They turned out so successful that I began to work with these tools quite often.
« Last Edit: May 22 2023, 10:16 by JaneJLocane »